Marketing Tools & Resources
Here is a selection of free marketing tools and marketing resources that we find useful. These tools and marketing references will save you time, money, and give you an edge.
Must Follow Internet Marketing Blogs
1. Search Engine Watch: A great source of information for digital marketing.
2. Search Engine Land: Information regarding SEO, SEM and all things digital.
3. Search Engine Roundtable – Summary of the most interesting threads taking place at the SEM (Search Engine Marketing) forums.
4. ClickZ: All-purpose digital marketing resource.
5. E consultancy blog: A leading source of independent advice and insight.
6. Target Marketing Mag: Denny Hatch’s Publication. Great source of marketing data for B2B Marketers.
7. Google’s Blog: Don’t know what else to say. It’s straight from googles mouth.
8. Google Think Insights: Googles knowledge center. Cutting edge studies.
Google Marketing Resources
Lots of resources by Google. The Zero Moment of Truth is a comprehensive study done in 2011. It contextualizes the impact technology has had on purchasing behavior. At the time it described a new model for how consumers now buy, engage and interact with businesses every day. It specifically highlights why your online reputation and the buying experience really matters in relation to future sales.
Book Shelf Recommended Authors
( Note: none of these authors were included in any of my college marketing curriculum, what a shame.)
Eugene M. Schwartz
Victor O Schwab
Marketing For Digital Age
Al Ries & Jack Trout
Keyword I.O Free Keywords Tool
Free map tools This is such a great tool. Check out the zip code feature and the radius around a point.
GoQR – Cool free QR builder. Lots of options to deliver and customize the QR code.
RGB Color Calculator – This handy tool can take RGB color numbers and voila you get a hex number.
Zapier This resource has saved us so much time automating time-consuming tasks.
Truck Ads – Another great map resource. TruckAds has all the DMA maps for the USA available by county
Palleton – Great for coming up with color schemes
Google Fonts – All the best fonts on the web. Free
GeoCode – Find the long and lat of any address